Thursday, December 2, 2021

13 Arts December Challenge!

 Hello, creative friends! 

Today I'm sharing my Design Team entry for the 13 Arts December Challenge. 
This month's mood board is truly a gorgeous one! I am a huge fan of traditional Christmas colors but what I like about the mood board is the addition of the tans and brown. 


Since I have not yet received the new Christmas Stories collection from 13 Arts, I grabbed some colors from my 13 Arts stash. The red and the brown wood grain papers are from Victoriana and the light floral beige is from the very old Vintage Summer. 

Die Cut Embellishments are from Dreamland, Travel the World, and Home Sweet Home. 

My stencil work was done with the Starry Sky stencil from Aurora. 
So lots of collections to achieve this piece! 
And that's the fun of it! 


I did use a couple of die cut doilies cut from plain white cardstock. 
My greenery is borrowed from an old garland I bought for scrappy work. 



Here you can see the stencil work as well as some of the gesso splatter done at the end. 



I thought this little subtitle from Home Sweet Home was just perfect for this cute photo of the grandkids drinking hot chocolate! 

The sparkly greenery is from the 13 Arts adornments found in the online Store. 



I never expected to use the pine tree ephemera from Travel the World on a Christmas layout but I sure did! They are universal. Well, except for the beach maybe. 



I added the Cozy as a title/subtitle. 



I thought I'd share a view from the side to show you the dimension. 
My photo is actually mounted on 5 pieces of corrugated cardboard. 
The red florals are old, old Prima Flowers. 



And again from the other side. 

I hope you are inspired to create something this month and play along with us on Instagram using the #13ArtsDec21 hashtag. 

Here is that mood board: 


See you soon! 
Sandi




1 comment: