Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Parade of Lights ~ Christmas Layout for 13 Arts Design Team

Hello, creative friends! 
Thanks for dropping by today. 

I have a fun new layout to share for the 13 Arts Design Team using our new Christmas Stories collection. 


Today I've scrapped a photo taken by photographer Brian Luenser of Fort Worth, Texas. He graciously gave me consent to scrap it! The photo was taken November 21, 2021 during the annual Parade of Lights. I was especially taken with this particular photo because the white and red Rescue vehicle just screams Christmas colors to me. 

 My papers are from the new Christmas Stories collection which you can find HERE (13 Arts) or HERE for you USA crafters (Bluemoon Scrapbooking.)

After priming with Clear Gesso, I did some stenciling with modeling paste and the Piano Forte Stencil which is from the Back in Time collection. I also did some random stamping with Ranger Archival Ink in Brown Espresso and the Back in Time postal stamp. Love, love that one! 


The chipboard tree was from the older Dreamland collection and worked nicely here. I inked it up with Brown espresso to make it consistent with the trees on the patterned paper. 

My florals are old, old Petaloo and the greenery is from a garland I bought last year and never used. Perfect for crafting although a bit bulky. 

My photo was matted twice, the charcoal layer being paper from the Victoriana collection. The striped is from the Christmas collection. It's so gorgeous! 



The "magical" chipboard was left unaltered and came from the Dreamland collection as well. 



I love using postal twine on Christmas papers as it invokes that vintage vibe. 

Here you can also visualize the stencil work as well as some of the white gesso splattering done at the conclusion of the project. 


That postal stamp image goes perfectly with these papers, I think. 



I cut this black tag from the paper collection and think that it really helped ground the page by include the darker colors from amongst the images at the bottom of the patterned paper. 



I had just received my Creative Embellishments package fort his month and had ordered some of the acrylic snowflakes in frosted white. So, I tucked a few of them here and there. 



And a final photo taken of the upper right of the focal area. 

As I am working with somewhat limited supplies, I am quite happy with how this turned out! 

Thanks again for coming by! 
We are only 11 days from Christmas! 
What a fast year 2021 has been. 

Sandi




No comments:

Post a Comment