Monday, December 13, 2021

Ho Ho Ho ~ Flourish Tag Set

Ho, Ho, Ho and Merry Christmas, CE fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing one of the new Flourish Tag Sets. 

There are 3 different styles as of this writing and I've used Flourish Tag set 3


These are designed with the idea of sandwiching something  (like an image for example) in between the 2 pieces of chipboard .. or any other way your imagination takes you. 

Here is what these 2 pieces look like as a set. You can flip them or use them either direction but it's better to flip both pieces the same way for better alignment. 



For my sweet project, I opted to use an image from some old, old stash featuring a sweet photo of Santa placing gifts under a tree. The design is by Susan Winget for KC and Company. Hehe, told you they were old! 

Anyway, I sandwiched the paper between the 2 tags by adhering it to the solid tag and trimming the paper to fit. Next I altered the front tag and adhered it to the already papered tag.

For alteration, I primed with clear gesso, then dabbed antique white paint mixed with Ranger's Tea Stain for a nice dark creamy finish. Then I splattered Tea Stain over the front tag as well as metallic gold paint. When that was good and dry, it was adhered as mentioned above and then distressed on the edges with Vintage Photo ink. 



Next I altered the snowflakes with an Ivory craft paint and adhered them when they dried. As an afterthought, I brushed a bit of Icicle Stickles to them and placed a white pearl on a couple of them.

My HoHoHo Title was altered the same way. 

A few more close-ups before we finish:


Love all the various Snowflakes in the CE store! 



These Flourish Tag Sets are so intricate and add a romantic flair. 



And Ho Ho Ho for the win! 

As a finishing touch, I added red crinkle ribbon and then splattered white acrylic paint all over for a snowy effect. 

Kind of a simple project but with BIG results! 

 I think it will make a nice Christmas tag or even a nice Home Decor piece. 


Thanks so much for coming by today! 

See you next time! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Flourish Tag set 3

Christmas Sentiments

Large Snowflake Set

Chipboard Snowflakes


No comments:

Post a Comment