Thursday, December 23, 2021

Quick and Easy Christmas Cards with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a couple of quick and easy Christmas Cards for your last minute gift giving or card exchange! 



This set turned out really cute in a minimum of time, at least for me! 
Both cards used blank white card bases in a 5 x 6.5 inch size. Next, I cut the plaid patterned paper a quarter inch smaller  all the way around. Paper is from Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas. Then I used cream card stock from that same paper pack, trimmed it with a height of 4 inches. This served as a nice, light background to allow the chipboard to really pop. 


I am in love with the new Scribble Tree and Mistletoe set, especially the mistletoe. 
I thought the mistletoe could actually be used all year around as a floral layer somewhat like flourishes. I've used 2 packages so that I would have 2 bunches of mistletoe. I opted to place them right next to each other and let them mimic a mistletoe ball. 

These were altered with a mix in Ranger ink and oxide in Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint and Twisted Citron. The sentiment from the Christmas Sentiments set was altered the same. 



Here is a close-up for you. 
I added some red Stickles to make these more festive and then added a red ribbon ribbon. 
Apparently, I need to shop for more red ribbon as my stash is getting low. :) 



And here is that sweet sentiment mentioned above. 



I decided to make a second card since I was kind of on a roll. I just duplicated my design but changed out the focal chipboard to the Pine Cone Clusters. I've used 2 sets even though the set contains 3 branches because I wanted an exact match so that I could balance the image better. 



Again, I used the same colors but added a bit more Twisted Citron to these chipboard pieces. 
The cones were stained with Walnut and when dry, I applied some Cinammon Stickles to them. 

For a little pizzazz I added a few copper rhinestones here and there. 



And a close-up of the sentiment stained with Walnut. 

I think that's about it! 
Let me know if you have any questions. 

You can visit the CE store HERE.

Thanks for coming by and see you next time! 

Let me take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 


No comments:

Post a Comment