Thursday, January 6, 2022

"Winter Day" Layout for Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my first project of 2022. 

And while I'm at it, I'm SO glad to be back for another term here at Creative Embellishments! 

I've been away from my craft room for several weeks now because of the holidays and I'm feeling kind of "rusty." So, I decided to grab some pretty paper, my CE products and a cute photo of my granddaughter. You'd be surprised at how fun this was to put together! 


My papers are from the Yuletide collection by Blue Fern Studios. 

For a more cohesive, wintry theme, I chose to alter all the chipboard with white paint as a base layer. 
Then I added some sparkle to the snowflakes and title as well as a minimum of champagne color to the Snowflake Frame 3

After prepping my papers, I used modeling paste and the Snowflake Stencil to add texture to the background. Additionally, I did some random stamping with brown archival paint and the Distressed Moroccan Stamp. One of my faves! 

Underneath the photo, you will find the gorgeous Snowflake Doily. I've let it peek out as much as possible by offsetting the Snowflake Frame 3 which encircles the photo. To make the focal point fuller, I added some of the berries from the Mini Berry Set. My title piece is from the Snow Word Set

The final CE product added was the amazing acrylic White Snowflakes. If you haven't tried these acrylic pieces, you should check them out in the store! They are a fab embellishment! I scattered those around in addition to a few flat backed pearls. Lastly, I splattered the page with white paint. Oh, and I added a bit of Aleenes True Snow. 

Here are a few yummy close-ups for you: 









I'm still feeling a bit rusty but it feels good to create on paper again. But I did certainly enjoy decorating my home for Christmas and all that it entails to make a memorable family holiday. Just a different kind of creating! 

I think that's it for today! 
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll see you later this month! 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used:

Chipboard:


Snowflake Doily

Snow Word Set

Mini Berry Set

Stencil: 

Snowflake Stencil

Stamp: 

Distressed Moroccan Stamp

Acrylic: 

White Snowflakes


No comments:

Post a Comment