Friday, January 28, 2022

Are you ready to make Valentines? ~ Creative Embellishments

 Hello, everyone! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a couple of quick, easy Valentine themed cards. 


I'm still struggling a little to get back in the creative groove after expending so much energy into Christmas prep around here. All the decorating, wrapping and cooking took over my mojo but it's all okay because we had a great family holiday! Totally worth the effort. 




I think this card is my favorite of the two but it is hard to choose. I have really been loving the Heart Doodle Frames and altered this one with walnut stain and Finnabair waxes. 

For a sentiment, I've used one of items from the Love Arrow Set and altered it the same way. 



My papers are Fairy Whispers from Blue Fern Studios. 
I did use a new rectangle die from Elizabeth Craft Design and love the little details it provides. 



For embellishments I've added a floral, gold microbeads and a small ribbon. 

***


This card background is from the same paper collection and I've used the same die which is the Rectangle Indent. 

I also have a little love affair with the Heart Motif piece! 
It is SO detailed and provides a the yummiest of backgrounds. 
I altered it much the same way but used Old Silver wax along with a bit of the Gold wax. 



My pretty Valentine title is from the Valentines Sentiments pack. 
I just kept adding 13 Arts Color Glow until I got the desired result which ended up being Rubelite over multi layers of other colors, ha! 



The pink resulted in a beautiful match to the papers and I love that it has highlights and lowlights. 
To help it pop I dabbed a small amount of white gesso in a few random places. 

And there you have it! 
It was fun to play and do a little something for another season. 

Thanks for coming by the blog today! 
We appreciate you! 

Here is a product list for the chipboard: 

Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard:
Heart Doodle Frames

Thanks! 
Sandi



No comments:

Post a Comment