Friday, January 14, 2022

Wintry Tag with Sandi ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, CE fans! 

Sandi  here with you today sharing a wintry creation for Creative Embellishments. 

If you know me very well, then you know that one of my favorite (and I mean favorite!) things to create is a project done on one of our Large Tags. The possibilities are endless and I like the 5.5 x10 inch size so that I can really layer and layer and layer to my hearts content! Tags are SO relaxing for me to create with! 



To begin I chose one of the tags from the Large Tags, set of 3 and adhered some papers to it using 13 Arts Home Sweet Home paper collection and their gel medium. Next I applied a layer of gel medium and later, when that was dry, I did some stenciling with 13 Arts modeling paste and the CE Snowflake Stencil. Love that stencil! 

Next I selected my chipboard pieces and painted them all a stark white. Full list of products is noted at the end of this post 


As a base for my matted photo, I first adhered 3 large older Prima florals. Then I adhered my gorgeous Pine Needle Frame which was my inspiration for this project! As I worked, I used a combination of corrugated cardboard, chipboard and florals to support this very layered composition. This is when I am truly in my element ... figuring when I can tuck and fluff and bring life to the work! 


This time around I used 5 of the 6 flair buttons in the Watercolor Snowflakes set. The blue and white match beautifully with the other elements. And I've already ordered 2 more packs to have on hand! These may be my all time fave Flairs! 


For a bit of novelty, I added some of the antlers from the Antlers set to tuck in here and there somewhat like you would a flourish or leaves. Originally, I intended to ink them with some brown tones but I really liked how they trick the eye when they are white. For a nice contrast and woodsy feel, some of my florals were chosen in brown tones instead, 


Love how the antlers are a little unexpected pop. 

Here you can also visualize a few of the Frosted Blue Acrylic Snowflakes. I decided to switch from the white ones that I've used a lot recently. 




In the lower right corner of the composition, I added some of the lovely Falling Snow Set pieces to balance the heavy work on the left. Also, you can see three more of the gorgeous Flairs. 




Of course, I finished my work with some splattered white paint which works nicely with the round dots found in the Snowflake Stencil. 



A little more of the same on the right side of the photo. Oh, and one of the 13 Arts pine cones that I added in. My composition is about 4 inches high at this point, ha! Love it! 




The ephemera is 13 Arts In Love collection. Such a great match to the Home Sweet Home! 




One last Flair and a fluffy crinkle ribbon from @myscrapcabin is shown here! 

Projects like this one where I can just keep adding and adding really make me happy! Endorphins were flying high here in my craft room. 

Thanks for coming by the blog today! 

We are always SO happy that you visit. 

See you next time! 
Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard:

Large Tags

Pine Needle Frame

Antlers

Falling Snow Set

Flair:

Watercolor Snowflakes

Acrylic:

Frosted Blue Acrylic Snowflakes

Stencil:

Snowflake Stencil


No comments:

Post a Comment