Tuesday, February 1, 2022

13 Arts February Challenge is Live!

 Hello, creative friends! 
It's the first of February and time for another great Challenge over at 13 Arts on Instagram. 
You need to use the hashtag #13ArtsFeb22 to play along. 
I've added the mood board image near the end of this post. 




The bright color in the mood board image looked more hot pink to me than red, so that is the direction I went for my DT take on the Challenge. I paired the Carmen paper collection with the Back in Time collection to create this romantic, shabby chic DL sized card. The sentiment is from In Love. I've used a die from Pink Fresh to cut the papers and then made a custom white card base. 

For background texture I added some stamping with the Back in Time stamp along with modeling paste pushed through the Falling Hearts Stencil. All items from 13 Arts Store. For you crafters in the USA who may be looking to save postage, Bluemoon Scrapbooking also carries most of the 13 Arts paper collections. 



I love adding lots of layers and texture, so I fiddled with my composition until I got it the way I liked best. Then I used corrugated cardboard along with foam squares to separate the layers. I've added sisal, stamping. crinkle ribbon and pearls to kick things up a notch. 



Just adding a little view from the left. 



And from the right. 



Another item I've used for texture was a metal leaf from 13 Arts and pieces of a white crochet doily from Kaisercraft. 



I do love the Falling Hearts stencil and use it frequently. For highlighting, I've used our Rose Quartz Color Glow. 



Additionally, I tucked in some pearl spray that I bought long ago in the bridal section of a big box craft store. 



Hopefully you can see the details a bit better in this photo. 




And here is that awesome Challenge image! 
We hope you can join us on Instagram for a change to win a prize and to be a Guest Designer with 13 Arts. 
#13ArtsFeb22

Thanks for coming by today! 
Sandi





No comments:

Post a Comment