Friday, February 25, 2022

Floral Canvas for Creative Embellishments!

Hello, creative friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest project for Creative Embellishments

This time around I've created another 8x10 inch canvas board where I built up my crackle paste.  Then the canvas was altered with inks, mists and other color from 13 Arts after the crackle paste sat for 24 hours to dry.


Once my board was good and dry, I began adding Pearl Gold down the center and applied Chalk White down the side of the piece. I moved it a bit with water and with the heat gun. 

My chipboard pieces were first dabbed with white gesso and then altered with Old Gold and Chalk Woodbine which is a dark wine color. 



I created a base for my photo with a lovely combination of 49 and Market florals in Parchment and in Ocean Jade. For balance with the photo, I also included some 40 and Market mini Ginger florals. 

Next it was a matter of tucking in my chipboard pieces which I trimmed as needed to fit where I wanted them to be placed. My favorite (and the ones I was inspired by) are the Baby's Breath pieces. Love them and try to use them several times a year.

To add something complimentary, I choose a few pieces from the Mini Leaves Set 2 which were altered with the Woodbine color. 




I splattered my canvas with both white gesso as well as with some of the 13 Arts Woodbine color. 
For texture, I alos incuded bits of a crochet doily. 




I decided to also use some of the new acrylic mirror pieces in Rose Gold. They are scattered around the focal area. I used both the inner pieces as well as the outer pieces. You can find them in the store with this link: Mirror Acrylic Stars Rose Gold




Angle shots are always fun. This one shows the little Flair piece from the Seasons Change set. 



For some reason, I am really digging that marron leaf from the Mini Leaves Set 2



One last photo! 

I think that's about it for today.
 Please let me know if you have any question~

Thanks for stopping by! 
I will be on a bit of a break but will see you soon! 
Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 

Baby's Breath

Mini Leaves Set 2

Flair: 

Seasons Change

Acrylic: 

Mirror Acrylic Stars Rose Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment