Friday, February 11, 2022

Snow Queen ~ Creative Embellishments Canvas

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today! 

I was in the mood to create on a canvas board using my fun crackle paste technique and this time adding my 13 Arts Navy Water Ink and White watercolor to create an ombre winter piece. Because I had last used my brush with walnut stain, my Navy did turn a bit teal in appearance. 



From there I wanted to just create a frosty, wintry look. Not that I like Winter weather because in fact, I don't ... but I really love looking at it from the warmth of my hearth. And I really do enjoy creating Winter pieces featuring fun Snow Queens. 


All of my chipboard pieces were painted with white 13 Arts paint. For accent, I did add Old Silver metallic wax highlights as well as a custom wax made from 13 Arts Old Silver Glitter ink along with a clear matte decoupage wax. 

My primary chipboard inspiration pieces are the Holly and Berry Frame and the small piece from the Icicle Borders


I laid my focal photo on a bed of bark roots from a local craft store. I did dab it with white paint to make it  blend a little better. 


I always like to add a few Flair if I can. This time I chose the Winter Flair set. My title piece is from the Blizzard Word Set




Of course, I added a few small snowflakes from the Chipboard Snowflakes package. 

I finished up with my typical paint splatters and few flat-backed pearls. 

I hope you enjoyed this bit of Winter inspiration. I've linked all the Creative Embellishments pieces below. 

Thanks for coming by! 
See you next time! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 

Chipboard Snowflakes

Holly and Berry Frame

Icicle Borders

Blizzard Word Set

Flair: 

Winter Flair


No comments:

Post a Comment