Saturday, February 5, 2022

Valentine "Lucy" Layout ~ Creative Embellishments

Hey there, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a layout (of sorts) created on one of the awesome CE Circle Panels. 

In this instance, it is the beautiful Large Leaves Circle


First, I altered the Large Leaves Circle piece with a walnut stain. Then I went back over it with both a gold and a red wax for dimension.  I also did some random heat embossing with Stampendous Aged Gold embossing powder.  I don't normally do a lot of heat embossing but thought Lucy deserved some glamour during this month of Love. 

Then I adhered my circle to some Sunrise papers from 13 Arts cut to size. 

I moved on to cover 2 of the Tags from the Tag Set 1 with A4 papers again from the Sunrise paper collection. Then I positioned them where I liked them on my composition. Each was elevated with corrugated cardboard underneath. 

While I had the embossing supplies handy, I went ahead and did the same alteration to both the Heart with Arrow  piece from the Shaker Set as well as the gorgeously designed Flourish Heart Frame 1 which I later placed on top of Lucy's almost vintage publicity photo. 

My title/sentiment was taken from the Gorgeous Small Border Word Set and altered with walnut stain. I did snip the tails off of the chipboard title so that it wouldn't look so cluttered. 

I finished with some florals and a few small gold microbeads. 

Here are a few close-ups for you: 


And the layout is completed! 

Sometimes it's fun to play around with something you don't do on a regular basis. 

And if you need some retail therapy, I have provided links to all the Creative Embellishments products below. 

Thanks so much for coming by today! 
As always I love reading your comments! 

See you next time. 

Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 

Large Leaves Circle

Tag Set 1

Heart with Arrow Shaker

Gorgeous Small Border Word Set

Flourish Heart Frame 1


No comments:

Post a Comment