Monday, October 11, 2021

Live and Be Free Canvas ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a canvas board that I created for Creative Embellishments! 
I always love getting my "crackle" on and then pairing it with my CE chipboard, stamps and flair. 


This is an 8x10 canvas board that I created with my modeling paste and powder mixture to make a crackle effect.  Then when that was good and dry, I came back with my colors. In this case I've used a mixture of Lolite and Amethyst Color Glow from @13 Arts. 

I had a floral photo that I thought would pair nicely with this color scheme and planned out my design by digging through some likely chipboard pieces. 



I've really been itching to use the newer Scribbles pieces. And wow, did it ever ramp them up to alter them with Blue Sapphire Color Glow. They went from raw and edgy to "glam" with just a single coating. 

I've also tucked in about 3 stems from the Mini Berry Set. These were altered with 13 Arts Emerald Color Glow and have a custom wax applied to them. So dainty and cute. 



My dragonflies are from Dragonflies Set of 5 and have some ivory paint dabbed on their wings while their bodies have walnut stain. 



Of course my canvas would not be complete without lime green roots and some Wild Honey oxide paint splatters! You'll also note a bit of stamping. 



This big guy is here to balance the remainder of the design and is tucked slightly under one of the large  Scribble pieces. 



One of my favorite Flair button sets is the Seasons Change set. It has a variety of colors and is indeed applicable for any season or color range. 

Here you can also see the highlights and lowlights that I created on my background texture using custom wax created with 13 Arts Color Glows and decoupage wax. 



To bring even more depth to my background, I've done some random stamping with the Circle Bokeh Stamp and black acrylic ink. 

Lots of florals and roots tucked here and there leaving places to add in your chipboard pieces. 



I only used one of the birdhouses from the Birdhouses set and it was altered the same as the dragonflies with ivory paint and brown ink. They are a perfect element for any design such as this. 



One additional benefit of doing a canvas such as this is that you can use up some of your older florals as they are mostly covered up anyway. They bring beauty without being the focal point such as the statement florals you sometimes add on top. 



I'm so in love with all the Scribble elements! 
You will have to check them out! 

That's all for today. 
I hope you feel inspired to create! 
Don't forget about our monthly challenge. 

Thanks for dropping by! 
Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard:
Stamp:
Flair button:


No comments:

Post a Comment