Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Vintage Card and Tag Set with Sandi ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest creations for  Creative Embellishments


    This time I opted to create a slimline card and then last minute, decided to add a tag as well. The papers are all from the new 13 Arts Back in Time collection which I adore! 

My stitch embossed layers were cut with a Pink Fresh die set and the base is hand trimmed. 



I've been wanting to create using the Flourish 5 piece which I haven't used in several years actually but it has a special meaning to me. I altered it with antique ivory paint and then inked it with Painted Peel Distress ink as well as Maraschino CherryPowder Puff ink from Quick Quotes. 

I decided that the Steampunk Pocket Watches would make a great retro layer for my vintage image, so I dabbed paint and then applied 13 Arts Rusting Powder and used the Reagent to make it turn rusty. 
Love how that turned out! 



Just a close-up of the Flourish 5 piece. I used this piece back in 2014 when I was first on the Design Team and added it to a family Christmas layout. So versatile! 


I used corrugated cardboard to add height to my watch pieces as well as to my vintage lady from the Back in Time ephemera pack. 



The Believe sentiment piece is actually from the Christmas Sentiments set.  It has been randomly hiding under my mixed media mat and I found it last week while cleaning, ha! It was also altered with the antique ivory paint with Maraschino Cherry Chalk Ink to coordinate. 




Additionally, I tucked in a leafy die cut from the same ephemera pack as my paper doll. The top bloom was one that I snipped off the flourish and replaced here so that it would be visible and not hidden by the paper doll. 



I am loving the Rust effects on my chippys! These were allowed to air dry versus heat set due to odor. 



I decided to create a small Tag to coordinate with my card because I had scraps laying around and to make a more complete project. I pulled out the Pocket Watches set and altered this one the same as the Steampunk watches mentioned above. 



The watch was also given dimension with some corrugated cardboard. For a sentiment, I grabbed from the Back in Time ephemera set and distressed it as well as added dimension. 

I hope today's post inspires you to take time to create! 
There are SO many great products in the Creative Embellishments store. 

See you next time. 
Thanks so very much for dropping by the Blog. 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 
Steampunk Pocket Watches


No comments:

Post a Comment